Here are some quick tips we've put together to help you handle your seafood safely and maintain quality in storage.
Safety and handling tips for your seafood
- On receiving your order you should transfer all seafood into refrigerated storage
- Fresh seafood must have a deep muscle temperature of less than 5 degrees
- Frozen seafood should be stored at less than minus -15 degrees
- Thawed seafood cannot be refrozen
- According to Australian Food and Safety guidelines, all fresh seafood has a shelf life of 3 - 4 days if stored correctly
- We recommend rinsing fresh seafood prior to use
- Fish can bruise easily so makes sure to handle whole fish with both hands and avoid holding it by the tail.
Food handling during COVID-19
- Remove produce from packaging
- Store produce in your own containers, rinse if applicable
- Place packaging in rubbish
- Wash hands